[Vm-dev] [unix] 4.10.2.2614 segfaults on ARM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Oct 9 18:18:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:05:31AM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 09-10-2013, at 6:27 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>

> > The same image works fine using the interpreter on x86, and on various other VMs. Here's the drgeo.image, inside a zip renamed to .xo:
> >
> > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30585/DrGeoII-12.04.xo
> >
> > (original report below)
> >
> > Any idea what might be wrong?
>
> It segfaults on a plain interpreter, runs quite nicely on a stackvm on my Pi. The plain interp shell script reports -
> CHECKING cogvm
> CHECKING squeakvm
> Segmentation fault
>
> That fact that it tries to run on a plain interp might suggest a wrong image header?

Ian put hooks in the /usr/local/bin/squeak script that looks first for a
hypothetical Cog VM named "cogvm" that would be installed in the same
/usr/local/lib/squeak/<version>/ directory as the squeakvm interpreter
VM. Since that does not exist, it looks for squeakvm (the normal interpreter)
instead. This is the source of the "CHECKING cogvm" message.

The actual DrGeo image is in format 6504, which means that it was last
saved from an interpreter VM, and that it should be runnable with either
Cog or an interpreter VM.

It sounds like there is something wrong in the interpreter VM.