[Vm-dev] Primitive 60 vs methods with more than one argument

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Oct 19 21:30:19 UTC 2013

I think you are suggesting to use the argumentCount to determine the
actual receiver and the first parameter, rather than assume that there
is exactly one argument so that the top two stack values are used. Is
that right?

The only cost that I can see associated with this would be related to
finding the receiver and the first parameter based on argumentCount.
It might be a negligible difference, so it would be worth trying it to
find out.

Dave