[Vm-dev] Memory leak in the SqueakSSL plugin on unix

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Sun Oct 20 03:50:20 UTC 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Hi Levente,
>
> I opened a Mantis issue to make sure this does not get overlooked:
>
>  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7793

Thanks. I've attached the file with the changes.

> Do you now have an updated sqUnixOpenSSL.c that fixes the memory leak
> problem? If so can you please post the file here (or attach it to the Mantis
> report)? I understand the changes from your original message but I'm not
> clear if more work needs to be done related to "the BIO_free_all calls are
> not needed in general".
>
> The sqUnixOpenSSL.c file is identical on trunk and oscog, so we can apply
> your fix to both branches.

I made some changes, and it seems like the leakage is gone. I only ran a
short test of a few thousand connections, but I didn't experience any
increase in memory usage with the new code. You can find the modified file
here: http://leves.web.elte.hu/squeak/sqUnixOpenSSL.c

Both the cmake (for the interpreter) and the automake (for Cog) configs
will have to be created/updated to be able to build a functional plugin.

Levente