[Vm-dev] OS X Mavericks & cog tickers

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:19:00 UTC 2013

You mean this:
*App Nap*, designed to preserve the energy used by inactive apps, cuts down
on the power usage of an app that is not running in the foreground. When an
app’s window is not visible (minimized to the dock, for example) it is
considered to be “napping”, which causes OS X to put it into a low-power
state regulating its CPU usage and throttling both timers and input/output
activity. This reduces power, but it also prevents napping apps from
interfering with the processes of active apps.
Developers are able to prevent their apps from using App Nap on a per app
basis, but the feature should provide significant improvements in CPU idle
time for apps that would otherwise attempt to frequently access data in the
background.

?

--
Best regards,