[Vm-dev] Scratch plugins for Mac & linux

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Apr 3 14:45:55 UTC 2014

Hi Tim.

>OK, here’s a problem I hope someone can help with.

>The Scratch plugins (that is
>ScratchPlugin
>CameraPlugin
>UnicodePlugin
>WeDoPlugin)
>are not integrated into the SVN tree properly.

>trunk/unix has all four; trunk/riscos has ScratchPlugin. trunk/Mac OS has none of them. trunk/win32 has just the CameraPlugin.
>The Cog tree (which isn’t currently viewable via the web, by the way) appears not to have any of them for unix nor Mac OS - the win32 directory is the same as for the plain interp and so is the RISCOS tree.

Hi hope I am referring to the same thing you are.

Event though the various architectures have their own plugins directory, all the plugins reside in the http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/src/plugins/ directory.

For the stackbuild tree, the mvm wrapper scripts in stackbuild/*bld*/mvm  have a   --with-plugins=src/plugins  option that lets you specify the location of the plugins directory.

I don't know what is going on in mac/cygwin/or dos for the other builds, but maybe there is a similar convention.

I do remember Eliot and you discussing plugins, and it is my impression that the build tree is migrating to having all the plugins in one spot and then
using the Xbuild/*bld*/ plugins.int and plugins.ext to specify which ones to use for the build.

My apologies if I am muddying the water.

tty