[Vm-dev] Techniques for debuggin plugins

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Apr 4 12:52:06 UTC 2014

Excellent.

thx.

tty

---- On Fri, 04 Apr 2014 05:29:25 -0700 David T. Lewis<lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote ----

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:44:42PM -0700, gettimothy wrote:

> Howdy all.
>
> I will be debugging the SqueakSSL plugin on Linux tomorrow or so and am planning on using DDD to connect to a running process and see what I can see.

Regarding the SqueakSSL plugin, there are two Mantis entries that you should
read for background:

 http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7751

 http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7793

IIRC, the SqueakSSL plugin works when compiled for 32-bits, but not if
you compile it for 64-bits. There are probably some issues with 64 bit
pointers stored in 32-bit int and sqInt variables. If you can make some
progress on this, it would be great :-)