[Vm-dev] Camera sig fault on 64 bits machines.

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Apr 10 18:14:00 UTC 2014

> A couple of questions...
>

> 1. Regarding CMake Isn't Eliot migrating more towards a Gnu style build
> tree from CMake (that is what I have inferred from emails he has addressed
> to Tim R)?

See Tim's answer. I would love to see someone get the $1000 prize :-)

> 2. If it is going to be Gnu-ified (which I do prefer) would separate build
> trees for 64 bit, 32 bit and 64/32 hybrid build trees make sense for
> simplifying and isolating problematic build issues?

Yes, you will want to use different build directories for this.

>       (If I may add, for the SqueakSSL, I reduced the source to the
> minimum to get the unixbuild to compile and run--AsynchFilePlugin \
> B2DPlugin \ BitBltPlugin \FilePlugin \SocketPlugin
> \MiscPrimitivePlugin
>        and a very slimmed down source tree that is actually easy to
> understand--see my blog post:
> http://timmydosmalltalk.wordpress.com/2014/04/08/first-take-on-the-minimum-plugins-needed-for-a-functioning-image/)

If you are working in VMM trunk, try this:

    VMMakerTool minimal

Also, the VMMakerTool makes it easy to regenerate just a specific plugin,
after which you can just run make again in your build directory.