[Vm-dev] Camera sig fault on 64 bits machines.

Andreas Wacknitz a.wacknitz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 15:09:06 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot,

Thanks again for your help.

No, when I trigger SIGALRM from the outside the image works (albeit very slow). First I emitted SIGALRM by means of kill -SIGALRM <pid> from the shell; later I wrote a simple C program to do that for me :)

> The only place I found a nanosleep() call was in block() in sqUnixMain.c.
>
> See the nanosleep in sqUnixHeartbeat.c::beatStateMachine.
Yeah, I don’t know how I could miss this. I will debug a little bit in order to find out why this doesn’t work as expected on OpenSolaris.
After the initial step through heartbeat, there won’t be any heartbeat_handler calls triggered from within the vm…

> BTW what does with ticker and without ticker mean in respect to the heartbeat?
>
> The Qwaq/Teleplace/Terf VM needs support for sound processing.  The ticker is the thread or call that provides cycles for sound processing.
>
> But look, if FreeBSD provides pthreads you should try and use sqUnixHeartbeat.c instead of sqUnixTimerHeartbeat.c.
I already did that yesterday. Alas it’s only working with superuser rights, otherwise I’ll get "pthread_setschedparam failed; consider using ITIMER_HEARTBEAT: Not owner“.
I will also investigate further here so maybe I will get this working.

> HTH,
> Eliot

Regards,
Andreas