[Vm-dev] Improving buildsqueaktrunkimage.sh in Cog/image SVN tree

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Apr 25 20:07:01 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot,

That is good news,

Thanks, found this in VMMaker class > intiialize

#('../platforms' 'oscogvm/platforms' 'Cog/platforms')
 with: #('../' 'oscogvm' 'Cog')
 do: [:dir :path|
 (FileDirectory default directoryExists: dir) ifTrue:
 [DirNames at: #sourceTree put: path.
 ^self]]

So there it is!

There are a couple of other things I see.

1. In the buildsqueaktrunkimage.sh script, I had to change the line

# VM="$APP/Contents/$OS-$CPU/bin/squeak";;

VM="$SQUEAK45APP/Contents/$OS-$CPU/bin/squeak";

 for the thing to self-launch.

2. Once the image runs, the
Compiler evaluate: (FileStream oldFileNamed: 'BuildSqueak45Image.st') contentsOfEntireFile

does not run to completion (I can debug this if needed).

3. Is the community happy with the way this script runs? or are there improvements folks would like? I can think of several things I would like to do, for example
   ..generate a startup script once the image is configured
   ..provide options for version stable, version/trunk,  latest stable
   ..option to use an existing VM instead of downloading the All-in-one

4. I like the fact that "its all there" and I don't have to move the .image and .changes file to  a place I can run them. The pharo process does not provide that.

Thanks for your time.

tty

---- On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:39:24 -0700 Eliot Miranda<eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote ----

 Hi Tty,