[Vm-dev] About FreeType in Squeak4.5

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:17:05 UTC 2014

> Hi Nicolas,
>
>     great!  No wait, not so great :-(.  I get an error on loading due to
> an Undeclared FT2Library in updateFromFileSystem or some such.  This looks
> like mis-ordered initialization to me.  Do I have write permission to that
> repository?

Hi Eliot, sure I added you and David as Developers, tell me if you need
admin privileges.

> I have some fixes for the FT2Library.  I'm also hampered by the
> SmartSyntaxPlugin's insistence that the classes ued in its parameter specs
> be present in the image.  This makes splitting the FreeTypePlugin from the
> FreeType package (something that IMO is a very good thing to do) is
> impossible.  I may try and change SmartSyntaxPlugin to make those classes
> being present optional.

Yes, I have separated FreeTypeConstants which is a pre-requisite currently
of FreeType, but this was vain indeed, the plugin is computing the offset
of each and every ivar so requires the exact class layout for each FreeType
class*...*
Does a missing FreeTypeConstants explains the initialization problem, or is
it something else?

Nicolas