[Vm-dev] Re: Long path name support added for win32

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Dec 19 03:31:58 UTC 2014

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for doing this.

I opened a Mantis issue so that we will not forget to integrate your changes:

  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7825

Currently, the SVN trunk and oscog branches are identical for sqWin32FilePrims.c,
so your update can be applied to both.

Your update in the file header looks fine to me. It does not affect copyright,
you are just adding a comment to document your update, which is great:

*   UPDATES:
*     1) Support for long path names added by using UNC prefix in that case
*        (Marcel Taeumel, Hasso Plattner Institute, Postdam, Germany)

Eliot - I am not able to test this, but I am sure that Marcel has done so.
If this looks good to you then I think we should commit the update to both
oscog and trunk in SVN. I think we both have write access to the win32 tree
in SVN trunk, so I'm happy to make the update if you agree (or I think you can
do it also if you prefer, whichever is easier).

I'll close out the Mantis issue whenever we get this completed.

Thanks,
Dave