[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] Simulator in Pharo 3

Stefan Marr smalltalk at stefan-marr.de
Thu Feb 13 10:01:22 UTC 2014

Hi Ron:

On 13 Feb 2014, at 10:38, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at USMedRec.com> wrote:

>> I think the bigger question is whether you actually want to adopt those
> things.
>
> That the vm stays in sync should be a core requirement for our communities.

I am with you on that Ron. But I need a technical solution to manage those things.
Good intensions are one thing, but how do we do that?

Examples: [https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/pull/18/commits]

primitiveUpdateGZipCrc32
-	self cCode:'' inSmalltalk:[zipCrcTable := CArrayAccessor on: GZipWriteStream crcTable].
+	self cCode:’' inSmalltalk:[zipCrcTable := CArrayAccessor on: CRC crc32Table].

primitiveGetAttribute

-		attribute := Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: attr.
+		attribute := Smalltalk vm getSystemAttribute: attr.

CogVMSimulator>> initialize
-	'Display has not yet been installed' asDisplayText form.
+	'Display has not yet been installed' asMorph imageForm.

ioRelinquishProcessorForMicroseconds
-	Processor activeProcess == Project uiProcess ifTrue:
+	Processor activeProcess == UIManager default uiProcess ifTrue:

And so far, I only fixed trivial things. Still need to figure out what is going wrong with more recent Pharo images.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr