[Vm-dev] VMMakerTool vs VMMaker file handling for VMMAker.oscog and a hunch

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 24 18:24:07 UTC 2014

On 24-02-2014, at 10:15 AM, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> I noticed that VMMakerTool burps on the oscogvm/platforms file path (on linux)  while the scripting approach uses that just fine. (Moving all the subdirectories under osgocvm/ to ./ let's the tool do its thing just fine).
>
> My hunch is that scripting is the preferred way to build  and VMMakerTool is not used for .oscog
>
> True?

IIRC Eliot doesn’t use the UI tool. I did update it a smidge last year to make it work with the way code was layed out then; it probably needs another firkle to deal with the latest tree shape.

The VMMakerTool was always just a way to drive the scripting side of the VMMaker anyway. For any sort of automation, scripts are the way to go.

tim
After a number of decimal places, nobody gives a damn.