[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo on a Raspbian

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 22:15:43 UTC 2014

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Jean Baptiste Arnaud <
jbaptiste.arnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 Jan 2014, at 09:09, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>
> wrote:
>
> One of the problem we are thinking about now is the FFI on ARM (alien or
> not alien)….
>
> +1, we need to think the, best solution is to have NativeBoost on ARM.
> We need an agreement between, time to develop and usage.
> Maybe first I should fix Alien or FFI. Then one day, port Nativeboost on
> ARM.

Did you see the thread on vm-dev about the ARM FFI?  When I wrote the
FFI-replacement ThreadedFFIPlugin (which is the standard FFI plugin in Cog)
I added stubs for ARM and PowerPC.  I hope that Doug McPherson is going to
be able to fully implement these stubs.  If you're interested perhaps you
could collaborate?  I'm confident that the effort involved in getting this
going is a week or two at most.  Days for someone who well understands
alloca and the ARM ABI.

--
best,
Eliot