[Vm-dev] MacOS vs MacOSX?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Jun 5 19:56:28 UTC 2014

Casey,

> I think it's pretty safe to say that there aren't too many 68k machines still running on a
> daily basis, whether or not any of them ever ran Squeak.

I would say there are zero such machines. But they were very important
when Squeak came out since the bulk of the installed based in schools
was 680x0 Macs. As Dan Ingalls wrote in October 1, 1996:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/1985

"...along with an interpreter that runs on the PowerPC and most other
68020 or later Macs..."

By the time these benchmarks were being done, the 680x0 had dropped out
of the picture:

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/768

-- Jecel