[Vm-dev] sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h (was: [commit][2953] In sqFileOpen() ensure that Mac file characteristics are set only when a new file is created)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jun 7 16:45:46 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 05:50:50PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi VM folks.
>
>     when you check-in a change to platforms/Cross/plugins try and remember
> to update  platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h too to reflect
> the change in the version info displayed by the VM.  You do this using the
> horrible
>
> svn propset checkindate "`date`"
> platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h
>
> An example of this is in the scripts/svnci script:
> svn propset checkindate "`date`" platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h
>
> When you do this the Cog VMs accurately inform you of their version:
>
>  ~/oscogvm/products/coglinuxht/squeak -version

Just checking:

The trunk and oscog branches both contain platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h.
They are identical, and neither is being actively updated (two revisions
total since creation).

The comment says:

 * A set of definitions for C source code control systems, to provide accurate
 * and definitive version information to the VM.  This file identifies the
 * platform plugin code, which is shared between Cog and the trunk interpreter.
 * It is included by platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h.

The oscog branch contains a platforms/Cross/vm/sqSCCSVersion.h, but the trunk
does not. In the oscog branch the file in Cross/vm (not Cross/plugins) is being
actively updated, but no such file exists in SVN trunk, and no update is being
done. The Cross/plugins/sqSCCSVersion.h in SVN trunk is not currently used by
VMMaker trunk, nor is it used by the CMake build process.

I do not see anything further that should have been done in SVN trunk at
this point. Is that right?

Thanks