[Vm-dev] VM Maker: CMakeVMMakerSqueak-tty.43.mcz

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Jun 11 19:45:47 UTC 2014

Hi All.

Look for implementors of extraVMSettings: and you will see that configH is added for a few configurations. I do not understand the reasoning yet.

    in the below, everything looks sane except configH.  This looks like an awful mistake.  It appears to be capturing the output of an autoconf or CMake run, determining things like USE_X11 USE_X11_GLX USE_QUARTZ USE_QUARTZ_CGL USE_RFB HAVE_LIBX11  HAVE_LIBXEXT HAVE_LIBDL HAVE_DYLD HAVE_LIBFFI etc that should be determined at VM configure time, on the host system, immediately before compile, /not/ at source generation time.  What's going on here?

 it does appear that this is happening at VM configure time. This is injected when the CMake configuration stuff is being generated prior to cmake . and make being invoked.

I am working through the Generator code now to understand the flow. I should be able to explain "what" is happening in an hour or so. "Why" it happens is another matter.

But, based on what I see, I think it will be ok.

cheers.

tty