[Vm-dev] CMakeVMMake compileFlags question for Igor

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:27:31 UTC 2014

On 20 June 2014 14:10, gettimothy <gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote:

> Hi Igor.
>
> Thank you. What you say makes perfect sense.
>
> I now have the confidence to proceed.
>
> CMakeVMmakerSqueak as a subclass of CMakeVMGenerator that handles the
> Pharo-to-Squeak compatibility issues.
> I will override the generate method in there and introduce a couple of
> methods that mirror the 'mvm' layout. It will probably end up
> funneling a most of its stuff into compilerFlags, but my focus is on the
> end-user and 'boilerplate' procedures for the newbie.
>
> If the pharo team finds it useful, it can be pushed up to the superclass.

i would prefer if you do it cleanly, without need more work later.
As you may know, CMakeVMMaker are part of pharo-vm and hosted on github
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm
so, if you want to contribute, you can do it in a usual way how all
guthub-hosted projects doing: make own clone and then do a pull request.
The older locations of CMakeVMMaker is no longer maintained by our team.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.