Re: [Vm-dev] running 'configure' command from within Squeak and then    loading that config.h into my object...similar work done?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Jun 28 01:26:53 UTC 2014

Looking at it some more, the cmake invocation depends on a CMakeLists.txt that has some constructs not in the CMakeVMmaker(Squeak) file of the same name:

LIST (REMOVE_DUPLICATES config_vars)
FILE (WRITE ${bld}/config.h.in "")
FOREACH (var ${config_vars})
       FILE (APPEND ${bld}/config.h.in "#cmakedefine ${var} @${var}@\n")
ENDFOREACH (var)

So, generating config.h from CMakeLists.txt is  definitely doable. I will devote brain-cycles to implementing that when I have the build.linux32x86/ stack built for all buildTypes using the autoconf interim step.

Thanks for your patience, this exchange was very helpful to me.

cheers tty.