[Vm-dev] Re: updateFromServer problem still present for me

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Mar 9 14:47:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 04:36:15PM -0800, David Ungar wrote:
> David,
>
> Thanks for looking at the updateFromServer problem. I tried again, with a fresh image, and it still failed.
> I can upload the image somewhere if you like; it won't go through email, > 10MB.

Hi David,

I'm not sure what the problem is ... it does not seem to be happening
for me so I am probably looking at the wrong thing.

A procedure that worked for me with a fresh image is this:

1) world -> open... -> SqueakMap Catalog

2) right click on the left panels of the package loader, and un-check the
   "New safely available packages" (to make all packages visible).

3) Scroll down to VMMaker, and select it. From the list of versions, select
   the top one labeled "(head)".

4) Click the Install button (upper left).

Once installed, the updateFromServer should work for further updates.