[Vm-dev] Pharo VM bug 11130

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 17:55:56 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:44 AM, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

> We could try reverting only those changes from the latest PharoVM code,
> build the VM ourselves and try again. I'd do it but I'm out of time at the
> moment.
>
> Eliot, is revision 2640 available in any git repository? That might make
> cherry picking / reverting easier (at least for me it would :) )

It's in svn, but that's not the right way to integrate.  Since the fixes
are Smalltalk code the right way is to integrate in Monticello and generate
a new VM.

<rant>But of course Pharo decided that git integration was more important
than working on a perfectly good distributed version control system and now
there is no easy way to move Smalltalk changes between Monticello and
Monticello+git.  I'm unhappy about that.  But it's not my problem.  Anyone
wanting to send changes back to me can either publish in Monticello or send
me file-outs, etc, etc.  Anybody wanting my code can get it from
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker via Monticello.  Why the community would
rather put up barriers to talking to each other so that it can attract the
uninterested rest of the world is over my head.  I'm concentrating on Spur,
which I hope will be useful to everyone in the community.</rant>

--
best,
Eliot