[Vm-dev] Pharo VM bug 11130

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:53:40 UTC 2014

While we are at ranting...
Even if you go thru the first tool hurdle (loading filetree in image and
cloning a git repo is not that high),
there's another concern:
a lot of changes in the pharo-vm branch are purely aesthetical:
- a space has been added here and there
- or just the author changed...

That completely spoils the efficiency of MC merge with tons of false
conflicts...
What do you use for integrating Eliot's changes? git tools?

Do you think that such kind of minor non functional changes will improve
Pharo?
Or do you agree that gratuitous conflicts just result in more burden on the
shoulders of a very restricted community?

I'd like to help Pharo, but please, help us to help you