[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Help needed to compile a fresh Mac Carbon VM

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 1 19:30:59 UTC 2014

Hi Edgar,

Thank you for looking into this.

I do not know much about building on the Mac platform, but there are
instructions in platforms/Mac OS/Documentation/readme.txt folder that
should help. Here is a link to the file:

http://www.squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/platforms/Mac%20OS/vm/Documentation/readme.txt?revision=2212&view=markup

I'm not sure what the VM would be called. John MacIntosh used a version
naming convention for all of the official releases, so it might be good to
follow that convention. But I guess that whoever manages to build an
updated VM is entitled to name it!

Thanks,
Dave