[Vm-dev] CMakeVMMaker what is repository for latest? and how to????????sync with source.squeak.org?

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:33:40 UTC 2014

> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 01:24:37PM +0200, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> > > 3) The entire raison d'etre for CMake is to be platform independent.
> The
> > > notion
> > > of generating different versions of CMake for various operating
> systems,
> > > and then
> > > further compounding it with different versions for the various flavors
> of
> > > Squeak
> > > and Pharo (and Cuis and ...) images seems to be missing the point.
> > >

> > The diferences should be (and I think are) in the specific arrangement of
> > which plugin is integrated or not in the VM.
> >

> FYI, the plugins.int and plugins.ext files control this. The conventions
> that
> Eliot is using for the Cog build, including the flattened directory
> structure
> for generated code and the plugins configuration files, are now used in
> Ian's
> CMake build also. There is no difference between the two build systems in
> that
> regard.
>
> Dave

But if you want to be able to reproduce always the same artefact, this
configuration has to be stored somewhere...
The Pharo choice is to deliberately store the configuration in image as
much as possible, and generate thos configuration files.
Beside Pharo config is also about setting specific Pharo icons, about
adding more plugins not readily available like Cairo and point to specific
version of the cairo library installed by upper level script, etc...