[Vm-dev] CMakeVMMaker what is repository for latest? and how to????????sync with source.squeak.org?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat May 17 01:05:58 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot.

Regarding CMake--keep in mind I am a rookie with it, but from this url: http://www.aosabook.org/en/cmake.html

I read this:

Another early CMake requirement also came from autotools: the ability to create build trees that are separate from the source tree. This allows for multiple build types to be performed on the same source tree. It also prevents the source tree from being cluttered with build files, which often confuses version control systems.

Which means at the worst case, the introduction of parallel cmake_build directories with the existing gnu stuff.

I am a bit tired from the day, so I will revisit this when the time comes, but I am very confident the two systems can co-exist on the same svn tree and not interfere with each other.

cheers.

tty.