[Vm-dev] Relative Paths for CMakeLists.txt ?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue May 27 08:11:50 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 03:04:18PM -0700, gettimothy wrote:

> I just learned that the generators in CMakeVMMaker do not produce a relative path. I learned this when I attempted to build a generated CMakeConfiguration  on a SunOS partition where my build path is not the same as my Linux partition's.
>

> Have you guys had to deal with this?

sure, in a similar way to you. Generate the VM on Linux, build it on
a FreeBSD system. And later to create proper debian source packages.

Check here[1] for my various changes to CMakeVMMaker. From my point
of view it is unfortunate that the generated CMakeLists.txt is using
absolute paths and that the platform differences are handled inside
CMakeVMMaker and not inside CMakeLists.txt.

cheers
	holger

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~hfreyther2/sctp/versions/