[Vm-dev] Relative Paths for CMakeLists.txt ?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue May 27 19:37:48 UTC 2014

Hi Holger and Estaban

I am typing this from my OpenIndiana parition, so I don't have Squeak in front of me as a reference.

However, by simply setting the CMake variable CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS to true in CMakeGenerator>>generate (?)  I was able to get rid of the path problem on SunOS/OpenSolaris and start the build.

wm at henry:~$ cmake --help-variable CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS
cmake version 2.6-patch 2
SingleItem

 CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS
 Use relative paths (May not work!).

 If this is set to TRUE, then the CMake will use relative paths between
 the source and binary tree. This option does not work for more
 complicated projects, and relative paths are used when possible. In
 general, it is not possible to move CMake generated makefiles to a
 different location regardless of the value of this variable.

At this point, I am going to consider this resolved on Unix platform that supports relative paths. I will deal with Windows/Dos when I get around to booting up a windows box.

cheers.

tty