[Vm-dev] Re: [Pharo-dev] Initial versions for OSWindow and Woden

btc at openinworld.com btc at openinworld.com
Sat May 31 12:34:47 UTC 2014

Hi Ronie,  This is really exciting (and I've cross-posted to vm-dev). I
guess this will help multi-monitor displays to have a window on each
monitor?

Ronie Salgado wrote:
> Hello There,
>
> I have been working in OSWindow, which is a cross platform API for
> dealing with native operating system windows. This API requires using
> a custom VM and the library SDL2.
>
> With this API, even the main Pharo window is handled almost completely
> in image side using NativeBoost.
>
> The only support required from the VM is a small periodical check in
> the heartbeat about the presence of events. This no more than 10 lines
> of code.

Is there much you needed to change/delete from the existing VM window
initialization.  Since the VM is shared with other Smalltalk platforms,
how compatible would this be to maintain in parallel with the existing
VM windows initialization?
cheers -ben