[Vm-dev] [commit][3103] Add ARMV7 defines for various support files.

Douglas McPherson djm1329 at san.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 22:43:34 UTC 2014

On Oct 16, 2014, at 15:14 , ken.dickey at whidbey.com wrote:

> [...]
Indeed :) Eliot, Tim, and I will be posting pre-built StackVM binaries for v6 and v7 platforms very soon, on Eliot's site. In theory the v7 one will be quite close to the hacked version I sent you a while back. One change is that it now uses the threaded heartbeat instead of the interval timer heartbeat. In order to allow that to work you have to follow Eliot's instructions for allowing the VM to use multiple thread priorities:

http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3104/README.3104

Use of the threaded heartbeat version is critical if you are trying to do any linux system calls, as I found out when trying to program the epiphany parallel core co-processor of the Parallella board.

Doug