[Vm-dev] primitiveClipboardText mangling line endings

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 20:18:21 UTC 2014

Hi Levente,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I found that it's impossile to copy text from one image to another without
> losing all CR characters.
> If you open two images, and evaluate [Clipboard default
> primitiveClipboardText: #[13].] in one of them, then evaluate [Clipboard
> default primitiveClipboardText asByteArray.] in the other, you'll get #[] -
> an empty ByteArray. So CRs are lost. The same thing happens with longer
> strings too.
> Using the same method, I found that LFs and CRLFs are converted to CRs.
> I found this issue on Ubuntu 14.04 with Cog 3018 and 3104. I haven't tried
> any other VMs or OSes.

I can't reproduce this.  I just copied some text in one image on linux
(running a very recent Spur VM, which has the same platform subsystem as
the Cog VM) and in another image evaluated

    Clipboard default clipboardText occurrencesOf: Character cr

which answered

    14

Is there some magic X11 setting that could account for your issue?
--
best,
Eliot