[Vm-dev] How to run a Mac Interpreter VM without sound?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 21:01:44 UTC 2014

Trying the Official VM means installing freetype ("dyld: Library not
loaded: /Users/Z/Desktop/FreeType//lib/libfreetype.6.dylib"), which is
a bit beyond my limits right now.

However, rebuilding the interpreter VM, I see this:

/Users/jenkins/workspace/SqueakTrunk-OSX/target/Squeak-4.10.2.2614-src-32/Cross/plugins/Mpeg3Plugin/libmpeg/video/slice.c:74:
warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
Undefined symbols:
  "_sqMemoryBase", referenced from:
      _primitiveMPEG3Open in Mpeg3Plugin.c.o
      _primitiveMPEG3CheckSig in Mpeg3Plugin.c.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

Which is odd. The build slave isn't something I develop on, or really
even use for anything other than a a build slave. I've not updated the
machine, installed or uninstalled any libraries, or similar things in
a long, long time. The Interpreter VM it _used_ to have (used to,
because I just deleted it so I could build a new one!) I built using
CI. And now it seems that indeed my development environment is broken,
even though I don't recall breaking it.

So I'll sit and think about this a while, and see if I can delve
around the list archives and find out what I need to do.

frank