[Vm-dev] CogVM on FreeBSD

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Sep 13 09:28:50 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 08:03:48PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

Hi,

> What interests me more is how to get patches into the Cog branch? My
> SCTP socket support and autoconf clean-ups never made it into the
> branch.

attached are patches to modernize the usage of autoconf and remove
autogenerated configure files from the repository (it is an older
patch), the third patch is to use "mcontext_t" to fix the compilation
on FreeBSD.

src/plugins/VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin/VMProfileLinuxSupportPlugin.c
needs to include dlfcn.h and should probably do the same on Linux.
Somebody would probably need to patch the code in the VMMaker and
including dlfcn.h on Linux should not hurt.

Somehow the linking of 'vm-display-null', 'vm-sound-null' do not work,
I end up with a .la and .a file but no 'vm-sound-null' binary. I had
to manually use the 'gcc -shared' line and link them.

Is there an easy way to see if some methods have been JITed?

kind regards
	holger