[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Re: How can I listen to my app?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 15 17:27:50 UTC 2014

>  and why is no one willing to step up and get the pulse driver working in
> the Cog VM?

I'm assuming (but I do not know) that it is a problem in the old autotools
build, since it is working in the CMake build.

Holger Hans Peter Freyther sent a set of patches to update it:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2014-September/016489.html

The discussion was focused on FreeBSD, but the autotools build for Cog
does not work on my newer Ubuntu system either, so I'm thinking that this
should be of general interest for the Cog build process.

Maybe that takes care of the problem for sound too?

Dave