[Vm-dev] Re: [squeak-dev] Mac VM build (was: [ANN] FunZqueak 4.6 alpha for try)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Sep 16 11:40:33 UTC 2014

Looking for xcodeproj for Squeak 4.2.5beta1U Mac VM, see below:

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 02:51:34PM -0500, Javier Diaz-Reinoso wrote:
> On 14/09/2014, at 16:43, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> >> In this moment I have an old mac mini ppc loaded with Xcode 3.1.4 who
> >> is the last version that works on PPC, so I can try to generate an 32 bit
> >> fat binary (ppc/x86) if you can point me to the last svn.
> >
> > Javier,
> >
> > Thank you! I am cc'ing the vm-dev list also.
> >
> > The most up to date SVN is here:
> >
> >  svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms
> >  svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/src
> >
> > The trunk/platforms tree will give you the platforms sources for all
> > platforms. If you want just the Mac OS parts, it would be:
> >
> >  svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Cross
> >  svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Mac\ OS
> >
> > The trunk/src tree contains sources generated from a VMMaker image
> > to match the platforms sources in trunk/platforms. You may prefer to
> > generate these yourself, but the most recent sources in trunk/src
> > will match the most recent sources in trunk/platforms, and I expect
> > that they should work for you, even though I have tested them only
> > on Unix (Linux), not Mac OS with Xcode.
> >
> > The directory structure in trunk/src will probably not match the
> > organization of the Xcode project, so you may need to copy files or
> > reorganize them for Xcode.
> >
> > The Mac OS VM has support for some things (plugins?) that may not
> > be present in the trunk/src files. If so I will do my best to help
> > you find them, or perhaps you will be able to use the original code
> > from the last Mac OS build.
> The problem is the trunk version don't have the resources directory and the SqueakVMForCarbon.xcodeproj (someone delete this files), the resource directory can be recreated, but recreating the xcodeproj is a ugly work.
>
> So what I need to proceed is a copy of the files of Squeak 4.2.5beta1U (or at least from a older version of 4.2) who include the resource/xcodeproj.

Javier,

The 42.5beta1U release is at http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%204.2.5beta1U.zip
but this does not include the resource/xcodeproj file.

I am CC'ing the vm-dev list in hopes that someone on the list has a copy
of the development files.

vm-dev: Does anyone have, or know how to get, a copy of the Mac xcode project
that was used to build the 4.5beta1U Mac VM? Thanks!

Dave