[Vm-dev] Squeak OSX VM 6.0 pending

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Apr 8 02:39:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 07:10:46PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 07-04-2015, at 7:07 PM, John McIntosh <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:
>
> > It's been I'm told 5 years and a handful of weeks since I last contributed to the macintosh/ios VM. source tree.
>
> And about time too. That must be the longest coffee break ever...

Well hang on there just a second Tim, I think we are going to need to
turn this one over to the official Squeak fact-checker squad. I believe
I might recall someone else going on a long coffee break not all that
terribly many years ago. Must be something about that Vancouver Island
atmosphere :-)))

John,

As long as you are permitting people to nag you into doing worthwhile
things, I wonder if I might ask you to take a look at the update that
Javier Diaz-Reinoso did to your earlier Mac VM. This was to pull in some
of the VMMaker updates for Cog image compatibility. The updates are in the
squeakvm.org directory at http://squeakvm.org/~lewis/MacOS-test-Javier/.

I am totally unqualified to review anything for the Mac platform, but
my sense is that Javier really knows what he is doing, and he put a lot
of effort into doing this update. If it is of general interest to the
Mac community, it would be good if we could add Javier's work added to
the http://squeakvm.org/mac/ home page.