[Vm-dev] linux ht cog vm

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 9 17:28:31 UTC 2015

On 08-04-2015, at 11:14 PM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
> I have wondered, isn't there any other way to have the
> ht cog vm run, _without_ instructing users to change
> shady system config files? I can't ask my students
> to do that, really…

It depends upon the OS version; on Raspbian for example there is no problem when running via a direct monitor but you have to do ‘sudo’ if running via xrdp.  You *could* run one of the other varieties of ticker, but then the interrupt based one interacts rather badly with ALSA (is there anything that actually works well with alsa?) and can totally lock the kernel. Which I thought was supposed to be utterly impossible with Super Reliable Never Fail Linux.

tim
Strange Opcodes: FART: Fill Accumulator from Result if True