[Vm-dev] Re: Some Performance Numbers: Java vs. CogVM vs. SOM

timfelgentreff timfelgentreff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:13:03 UTC 2015

We guessed JSON may be bad because we never looked at string performance.

I haven't checked RTruffleSOM in a while, but one issue that affects RSqueak
(as well as Cog to some extent, I imagine) is that the interrupt timer. For
us, it adds a couple of guards and bridges to pretty much every loop. SOM
doesn't have an interactive image, does it?