[Vm-dev] ARM Cogit

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:42:22 UTC 2015

Hi All,

    thanks to hard work by Tim Rowledge and Lars Wasserman we now have a
functional JIT for the ARM in the simulator.  We're still probably some
weeks away from a functional ARM JIT VM; issues like instruction cache
flushing on real hardware can be tricky to solve.  But we're at least ready
to start trying to compile the JIT VM for ARM.  Doug, see that I added a
build directory for build.linux32ARM/squeak.cog.spur.  Hopefully a fast VM
for Raspberry Pi and Android is only a few weeks away.
--
best,
Eliot