[Vm-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available...

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 17:57:31 UTC 2015

Hi Eliot,

Using this new vm Squeak 5 32bit  runs fine on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

I'm having an issue with running the SqueakSSL plugin.  The 32 bit
libssl1.0.0:i386 packages installs /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
and /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0.  The SqueakSSL plugin is looking
for libcrypto.so.10 and libssl.so.10.  When I make a symbolic link named
libcrypto.so.10 and libssl.so.10 the SqueakSSL plugin finds the library but
fails with this error:

  /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found
(required by
/home/deploy/spur-oneclick/Contents/LinuxAndWindows/Linux-i686/lib/squeak/5.0-3427/SqueakSSL)

What do you use to build the plugin?   Do you have any idea what I should
try to fix this?  Sorry but my google-fu is failing me.

I'm limited to ubuntu 12.04 64bit because I'm ultimately trying to use it on
Travis CI to test Metacello & Seaside.

Thanks

Paul

Eliot Miranda-2 wrote