[Vm-dev] New Cog VMs available...

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Sun Aug 23 19:22:13 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

On 23.08.2015, at 19:57, Paul DeBruicker <pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> Using this new vm Squeak 5 32bit  runs fine on Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.
>
> I'm having an issue with running the SqueakSSL plugin.  The 32 bit
> libssl1.0.0:i386 packages installs /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> and /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0.  The SqueakSSL plugin is looking
> for libcrypto.so.10 and libssl.so.10.  When I make a symbolic link named
> libcrypto.so.10 and libssl.so.10 the SqueakSSL plugin finds the library but
> fails with this error:
>
>  /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found
> (required by
> /home/deploy/spur-oneclick/Contents/LinuxAndWindows/Linux-i686/lib/squeak/5.0-3427/SqueakSSL)
>

> What do you use to build the plugin?   Do you have any idea what I should
> try to fix this?  Sorry but my google-fu is failing me.
>

> I'm limited to ubuntu 12.04 64bit because I'm ultimately trying to use it on
> Travis CI to test Metacello & Seaside.

builderCI[1] (which you can easily use to test using metacello/seaside!)
uses a statically compiled SqueakSSL plugin[2] that is also used in our
5.0 All in one[3]. You can find the binary plugin at github[4].

I presume the reason it is not in Eliot's bundle is that I haven't yet
figured out and told him how to do the “compile SqueakSSL statically
against LibreSSL” thing in his build setup. Mea culpa. Please be patient on
this one, I'm on vacation currently…

Best regards
	-Tobias

[1]: https://github.com/dalehenrich/builderCI