[Vm-dev] Re: Interfacing with the i/o pins on the Raspberry Pi et al

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 26 17:54:13 UTC 2015

On 26-08-2015, at 10:37 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Otherwise I’d go for a lightweight plugin solution using direct IO:
>
> http://elinux.org/RPi_GPIO_Code_Samples#Direct_register_access
>
> Advantage (besides being most efficient) is that there are no dependencies at all, and it does look pretty trivial.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that approach requires sudo etc.

An advantage of wiringPi is that it wraps some nasty stuff quite nicely. A disadvantage is that Gordon apparently believes in a rather medieval approach to errors - Ka-Boom! A veritable Earth-shattering Ka-Boom!

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Gramen artificiosum odi = I hate Astroturf.