[Vm-dev] SecureSession published to Cryptography repository

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:07:51 UTC 2015

Good morning,

I managed to separate the SecureSession code out of Mushroom and I have
published it into the SqueakSource Cryptography repository. Version 4 is
this release, though I expect name refactoring to occur, so just take
the latest. This requires the loading of Cryptography, though I did not
set a package dependency in Monticello for SecureSession. Should I?

Note to Pharo: Please load version 37 of Cryptography.

WARNING: the Performance test will fail without the crypto plugins
installed.

Resulting performance data, with and without crypto plugins...there is
275% increase in performance with crypto plugins.

With crypto plugins:

    100 KB data chunks received: 10
    send time: 272 ms, rate: 3.676 MB/sec.
    receive time: 600 ms. rate: 1.667 MB/sec.

Without crypto plugins:

    100 KB data chunks received: 1
    send time: 8469 ms, rate: 0.012 MB/sec.
    receive time: 17233 ms. rate: 0.006 MB/sec.

Regards,
Robert