[Vm-dev] building on a mac

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 20:47:46 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 10:38 AM, <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com> wrote:

> You should be able to build the
> http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/platforms/iOS/vm/SqueakPureObjc.xcodeproj
>
> Using the current Mac OS and Xcode
>
> Otherwise for cog see
>
> http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/branches/Cog/build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur/makeiosvm
> <http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/branches/Cog/build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur/makeiosvm?view=log>

I'm gradually moving builds across to this scene as time is available.  I'm
currently focussing on build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur &
 build.macos64x64/squeak.cog.spur.  Anyone who moves any of the others, I'm
very grateful.  Just send me a tar of the changes.

I'd be even more grateful for a set of makefiles that can build VM and
plugins on 10.9 or 10.10 and Xcode.  The Xcode project files are extremely
expensive to edit :-(.  For example, John put sqPlatformSpecific.h
in platforms/iOS//vm/iPhone/sqPlatformSpecific.h, quite reasonably, but
since then it has served for OSX too, and so belongs
in platforms/iOS//vm/Common/sqPlatformSpecific.h, but making this change
requires starting up Xcode on each of the project files and changing the
location manually.  I don't see who to automate it.  Whereas if we had
Makefiles it would be a simple edit script.  Bah!!

Sent from my iPhone

--
best, Eliot