[Vm-dev] pluginizing Galois Fields

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:15:39 UTC 2015

On 12/18/2015 03:09 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

>> On 18-12-2015, at 11:55 AM, Robert Withers <robert.w.withers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think I see your suggestion. Is it to find a c implementation of RS/Galois polynomials and wrap it in a facade model in squeak?
> No, not particularly - I know damn all about galois. Isn’t it a brand of stinky French cigarettes?

IIRC, Gauloise were 3 dollars a carton in Beirut, after the currency
exchange.  Cheap french cigarettes in the old colonies, I love it!

> Just reminding you that you do not need to do everything in slang for plugins. If you can write your stuff in C (or even C++ with some ugly wrapper bits) you can include it in a plugin.

Ahh, yes I see. Well, that does ensure & preserve ownership, which has
benefit. I will research & correct the repair code.

I would dearly love to not have platform code, come to think of it. That
is a great advantage to crypto plugins, currently, I feel. I would like
to go back to me original query, as such, about slanginizing a
polynomial model.  If we could slang GenericGF, GenericGFPoly and
GaloisField, that would actually be preferable for the cross-platform
case. Is that possible?

robert

--
. .. .. ^,^ robert