[Vm-dev] Re: Cog Rump Xen unikernel (spur mmap)

Ben Coman btc at openinworld.com
Mon Dec 21 13:59:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 7:13 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I were you I would create a new platform, xen, under platforms, being a sibling of platforms/unix.  I would implement the relevant support for Xen there-in.  I'd also decide whether what I was producing was headful or headless (the latter I presume?).

I made a little progress on this, duplicating the unix tree and
updating the required paths within the various config files to get
back to the same point " # error Spur requires mmap"   Now I notice
that sqUnixSpurMemory.c contains...

  #if SPURVM
     # if TEST_MEMORY
        int main() { ... }
     # endif /* TEST_MEMORY */

which seems like a good starting point to attack this - but I've spent
two night  trying to wrangle autoconf to produce an executable for
this.  Can someone share a script for how to use this test frame?

cheers -ben