[Vm-dev] Can anyone build the unix midi plugin with ALSA?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Feb 18 02:53:55 UTC 2015

It seems to not be possible to build the MIDI plugin on unix when ALSA support is wanted. The sqUnixMIDI.c file tries to use ‘USE_MIDI_ALSA’ to decide whether to include null code or actual ALSA calling code - that seems to fail.

If we manually fudge it to force use of sqUnixMIDIALSA.inc then we fall foul of ‘debugf’ not being defined and the best I could do there was replace with ‘DPRINTF’. Which implies to me that it is a long time since anyone even made a working midi unix plugin.

Anyone got any ideas?

tim
Always try to be modest. And be damn proud of it!