[Vm-dev] why is my spur image taking up so much memory?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:04:54 UTC 2015

Hi Chris, if you use the About Squeak... dialog and look at VM parameters you can see how much free space.  What I suspect you're seeing is that there's lots if free space in the image.  So indeed there's 160m of objects, a huge amount if wasted space and a working set of 300m (which includes platform state, eg x11).  I still have some work to do on snapshot to save less free soace in the image and on load to limit the amount of free space allocated.

Eliot (phone)