[Vm-dev] more FFI on spur

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:37:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

When doing my tests for Pharo on spur, I’m having some FFI problems:

23 run, 19 passes, 0 skipped, 0 expected failures, 3 failures, 1 errors, 0 unexpected passes
Failures:
FFIPluginTests>>#testGenericCharCall
FFIPluginTests>>#testLibraryCharCall
FFIPluginTests>>#testConstructedCharCall

Errors:
FFIPluginTests>>#testLongLongs

Basically, first 3 failures is because FFI is answering an integer instead a char, and the last one is a coercion error.

I suppose the “char” ones is because FFI is not taking into account that Character is now immediate (I might be wrong, I didn’t check).
I do not understand why the second one can fail…

Anyway… can anyone confirm if you have same errors?
(I’m using latest FFI package versions from http://source.squeakfoundation.org/FFI <http://source.squeakfoundation.org/FFI>)

thanks,
Esteban