[Vm-dev] SqueakSSL plugin v0.2.0 (was: Re: Fixes to the SqueakSSL Plugin)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Jul 29 23:28:08 UTC 2015

Hi all,
On 25.07.2015, at 01:10, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Levente,
>
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> Hi Eliot,
>
>> Yes, the github version lacks that line. My pull request[1] has this fix, along with a few other fixes and improvments, but Tobias didn't like the image-sided SAN certificate validation scheme, so none of those have been merged. In the meanwhile I've started rewriting a few things, like logging, certificate serialization (so that it's accessible from the image), but I still haven't finished domain name validation.
>
> OK, I'll keep the version of sqUnixOpenSSL.c in Cog unchanged except for the use of SQSSL_VERSION for the version number.

Reading the Cog sources, sqUnixOpenSSL.c:422 reads
                case SQSSL_PROP_VERSION: return 1;
which should be
		case SQSSL_PROP_VERSION: return SQSSL_VERSION;

Just to make sure, the version SQSSL_VERSION should be 2.

>  Maybe you can integrate with the Cog version?  I like using %p instead of %lx,

done in c4cad6e81dac6e2475de3426dc613ec50226b230
(sorry, I mixed that with \r\n -> \n conversion, very sorry)

> and the use of (long)aSqInt variable is I think unnecessary.  Whether sqInt is int or long it=ll get passed as a long to printf, so the noise is unnecessary.

Yet, I'd get warnings:
if sqInt is an int,
	printf("%ld", aSqInt)
gives a format waring
	warning: format '%ld' expects argument of type 'long int', but argument 2 has type 'int'
so I would use %d like the Cog version does.
Yet, then, if sqInt is a long,
	printf("%d", aSqInt)
gives a format warning again:
	warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'long int'

So I'd tend to not change the
	printf("%ld", (long)aSqInt);
as it works correctly and without warnings in both cases.

> Do you have installation instructions for LibreSSL and make flags for linux64 & linux32?

I try to put that together tomorrow, I managed to reach 1:30 am again...

Best
	-Tobias