[Vm-dev] Re: VMMaker-tfel.358 in Inbox: Fixes for BitBlt simulation

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:12:13 UTC 2015

Hi Tim,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM, timfelgentreff <timfelgentreff at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've pushed another update to the BitBltSimulator to the inbox as
> VMMaker-tfel.359. This makes initialiseModule be called only once when
> we're
> simulating an entire image, which makes the simulation of various BitBlt
> operations aroung 200x faster for me on Cog, and around 500x faster on
> RSqueakVM. This is only in the Simulator class, so it won't affect the
> plugin. Can someone take a look and if it's ok move it to the VMMaker
> repository?

Thanks!  How does initialiseModule get called so often?  I don't see how
this happens in the Cog simulator.  AFAICT initialiseModule gets called
once when the plugin is loaded.  What am I missing?

Also, could you explain the changes in VMMaker-tfel.358?  What was the bug?

Great to have you on board!

best,
Eliot